THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. We may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you from items purchased through links in this post. Please read my DISCLOSURE for more info.
When you have 2 kids with allergies and intolerances to common, everyday ingredients, you HAVE to dig around and find alternative recipes for things most of us don’t even think twice about eating. In our house, I try my hardest to prepare meals that not only everyone can eat, but also food that everyone will enjoy. Why skimp on taste just because you have to switch up the ingredients list eh? Here’s a tried and true simple egg and dairy free recipe with extra protein and a whole lot of good flavor that has been kid, hubby, and even in-law approved. 🙂 They are so good, I forgot to take a picture of the full stack I made… they were all gone!!! Oh well. Maybe I’ll update this post when I make them again. I’m sure it’ll be soon. Enjoy!
Big Little Mommy’s Vegan “Buttermilk” Protein Pancakes
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup non-dairy milk (for extra protein I use Orgain Organic Almond Milk)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- maple syrup or honey, to serve
Mixing it all up:
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup (65 grams) of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or our household favorite… HONEY (ahem…NOT vegan though).
***Want to try something really cool and change up the flavor a bit? Add a couple of drops of your favorite Vitality Essential Oil such as lemon, orange, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. for extra yummy goodness.